GET THE LATEST AUDITION UPDATES
01. WHAT TO EXPECT
You will be asked to read scenes in small groups. You do not need to have anything memorized and you will be allotted time to read through the lines with your group/partner prior.
Please come prepared with a song (16 measures or more). It is preferred that you sing a song from the show, but not required. An accompanist will be provided for auditions.
Your audition will also contain choreography, which will consist of learning and then performing a few dance steps in a small group.
02. WHAT TO BRING
- Wear comfortable clothes and proper shoes (especially if auditioning for a musical)
- Music for pianist (musical only)
- Open mind
- Calendar – you will be asked to provide your availability and indicate any conflicts with rehearsals at auditions
03. MAKE AN AUDITION APPOINTMENT
ADULT SHOWS ONLY
e-mail Lynda Denton at Lynda@TopekaCivicTheatre.com or call 251.5990
04. CHECK OUT A SCRIPT
- Scripts are available two to four weeks prior to auditions through HHT Box Office.
- A refundable fee of $10 is required. Scripts may be checked out for three business days.
- If the script is returned after 6pm on the third business day, the deposit will be considered payment and is nonrefundable.
- Scripts returned on schedule will have their deposit refunded.
ADULT. Upcoming Auditions
OCT 14 – Seasonal Allergies
JAN 26 – The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
FEB 23 – She Loves Me
YOUTH. Upcoming Auditions
AUG 6 – Junie B. Jones Is Not A Crook
DEC 3 – Disney 101 Dalmatians Kids
BATH HOUSE PLAYERS – SUMMER 2019
MAY 31 – Oklahoma!
JUNE 1 – It’s Murder In The Wings!