GET THE LATEST AUDITION UPDATES
01. WHAT TO EXPECT
You will be asked to read scenes in pairs or small groups. You do not need to have anything memorized and you will be allotted time to read through the lines with your group/partner prior to reading for the director.
Please come prepared with a song (16 measures or more). It is preferred that you sing a song from the show, but not required. An accompanist will be provided for auditions.
Your audition will also contain choreography, which will consist of learning and then performing a short dance in a small group.
02. WHAT TO BRING
- Wear comfortable clothes and proper shoes (especially if auditioning for a musical)
- Music for pianist (musical only)
- Open mind
- Calendar – you will be asked to provide your availability and indicate any conflicts with rehearsals at auditions
03. MAKE AN AUDITION APPOINTMENT
e-mail Lynda Denton at Lynda@TopekaCivicTheatre.com or call 251.5990
04. CHECK OUT A SCRIPT
- Scripts are available two to four weeks prior to auditions through HHT Box Office.
- A refundable deposit of $10 is required. Scripts may be checked out for three days.
- If the script is returned after 5pm on the third business day, the deposit will be considered payment and is nonrefundable.
- Scripts returned on schedule will have their deposit refunded.
ADULT. Upcoming Auditions
DEC 9 – All My Sons
FEB 22 – The Story of My Life
YOUTH. Upcoming Auditions
OCT 21 – A Laura Ingalls Wilder Christmas
JAN 13 – Disney’s Alice in Wonderland
BATH HOUSE PLAYERS – SUMMER 2020
MAY 29 – Getting to Know…Footloose
MAY 30 – Neil Simon’s Rumors